The vast majority of companies are stuck on this bumpy, unforgiving road for these reasons:
The Solution(s) are well-Known but there is an unwillingness to act because
- Inability to make it a priority (focus)
- Unwillingness to act – lack of resolve, sacred cows, ego won’t allow
- Believe that the solution is not affordable
- Previous efforts to solve did not work so confidence that another effort will succeed is low
The Solutions are partially-understood but there is an unwillingness to act because of the same reasons above PLUS:
- A “blind spot” that prevents a thorough understanding of the problem and therefore the solution
The Solutions are not known but there is an unwillingness to act because:
- Unwillingness to act- lack of resolve, sacred cows, ego won’t allow
- Believe that determining and executing the solution is not affordable
There are no viable solutions
- The Company is so disadvantaged/flawed that an exit makes more sense than trying to solve the problems
My experience is that the vast majority of Companies fall into the 2nd Category in that they have an inadequate understanding of all of the dynamics of the challenges and therefore cannot craft an optimized solution.
High Profitability IS achievable by many more Companies but without assistance getting to the root of the issues, the best solutions will never be revealed nor acted upon.
Wouldn’t you rather travel on High Profit Highway?