Too much time on your hands? Yeah right. You’re swamped, aren’t you? Wouldn’t it be great to bring down the noise a few notches and take control of your day again? Here are 3 of my all-time favorite time-management techniques distilled into just a few key points. Try them and you will be stunned at how much better things can be.
- Establish a healthy work/life balance and keep it simple:
- Schedule your work hours and stick to it!
- Automate and Delegate
- Say “no” more – do less
- Produce outcomes using operational best practices
- accumulate, prioritize, estimate time required for all potential and in-process tasks and projects in only 1 place
- build/update your production schedule frequently
- before starting an action item, determine the fastest way to accomplish it
- perform difficult work during time periods when you have the most energy
- Embrace efficiency with zest and passion
- we are human beings, not robots, after all and when we enjoy things we are far more likely to stay the course so don’t be half pregnant
- celebrate your ability to get things done faster
- have fun figuring out shortcuts that work well
- when “good enough” is called for, don’t waste your “perfection” efforts
If you’ll excuse me, I have results to produce by 5pm today. Thanks for quickly stopping by…