Helping a worthy organization demonstrates your capabilities in a tangible way and in an environment where others will want you in their lives. Here are some key tips from my JACOBY Sales Optimizer System (SOS) PlayBook to move you from “doing okay” to crushing it:
- Join an organization where there are many companies who should be good prospects (no point fishing in a lake where there aren’t any fish)
- Make friends with the Staff, find out their most important Goals and figure out where you can make the biggest and best contribution over time (90% of the time in Membership organizations bringing in new members is a really good choice)
- Become a hero by making that huge contribution and being recognized for doing so
- Now, after you’ve contributed, meet with the movers and shakers who are part of that organization. This typically includes Board and committee members and folks you see every time you turn around. Ask them how you can be helpful to them. Make an effort to be helpful to them. Don’t waste their time or yours or go overboard, but help them IF you can
- Congratulations! You are now a recognized mover and shaker yourself & numerous people in the organization will WANT to send business your way
Give, Give & Give Some More. It works!