My goal with every Client is to “game-change” their results and I am deeply disappointed in myself if I deliver anything less. What is your expectation of you and your team?
There ARE ways you can do this & here’s how:
- Ask your Clients everything they are willing to share about their goals, their strategies and their needs
- As they explain, ask questions so that you make sure that you have a deep understanding of their view of the world
- Thank them for taking the time to share more with you, assure them that everything they’ve told you is confidential and that you’d like to come back to them after you do some thinking and research on their behalf
- Come up with some great ideas by doing the following:
- Think about related experiences that may be applicable by the Client
- Ask experts for each specific issue raised- without revealing who you Client is – if they have any valuable thoughts
- Do research – two great sources are industry associations that they Client does or should belong to and of course online articles by subject matter experts
- Pull your thoughts together into a cohesive whole and then go visit your Client and share them
- Ask permission to help with the things where you are confident you can make a difference
- Do what you commit to doing
Way, way, way beyond the call of duty and you will prosper.